Though the PlayStation Network itself is frustratingly down for maintenance at the moment, leaving me unable to get a good sense of GIRL’s progress over the past few days, the 1.1 update for Keita Takahashi’s Noby Noby Boy mentioned yesterday is indeed live and accessible.
The most striking difference on starting the newly updated game is the musical one: on exiting your (newly coiffed) house, a new vocal track directly brings back those warm nostalgic Katamari feelings, but then (on further fiddling with controller options), you realize that you’ve got open access to 29 new music tracks, which I’ve highlighted below:
An eclectic mix to be sure, from the classical stylings of acoustic guitar to the primal melodies of the kalimba. But my current favorite? The cello, which at long last grants your wish to stretch and swallow anthropomorphic sharks to the soothing dulcet tones of Bach’s Cello Suite No. 1 Prelude.
Oh, and in case you were wondering, yes, you can do this:
o–o home [Namco]
- o–ver1.1–o: Noby Noby Boy gets Tuesday update, includes, uh, ‘fart boy’ – Offworld
- Dream come true: Noby Noby Boy video grants BOY his musical wish …
- I was just dreaming: multiplayer, maracas coming to Noby Noby Boy …
- Keita Takahashi bringing Noby Noby Boy to the iPhone – Offworld
- It's a stretch: Explaining Katamari creator's new Noby Noby Boy …